Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our world on Tuesday

This is a year of poppies:our land
was brimming with them as May burned
into June and I returned -
a sweet dark wine that made me drunk.
(Attilio Bertolucci)



I had the poem on my mind while walking the dog in the morning and stumbled upon this poppy field.
I remember picking bunches of them as a child and the disappointment when all the petals were gone before reaching home. It is a pity that this colorful fields become very rare these days.

For more great photos, click here:




14 comments:

  1. Wonderful image - the poppies just (!) pop out!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - stunning shots! What a wonderful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Very imptrssive. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love poppies and there's nothing more charming than a field of them! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this fantastic, colourful fields!! Poppies - thanks for the English name...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a must for me to shoot poppies every summer. They are special like in your pictures :)

    http://lundcityphoto.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/meetup-architecture/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always loved poppies. Your shots are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Karen, just beautiful your pictures!
    Greetings from Germany
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. It isn't easy to pick poppies... or to photograph them as you do!
    Beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sight! The poppies against the green of the field are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One day I spied a beautiful orange poppy along side the road and my father chastised me for picking the state flower (Calif). That's how I found out our state flower and fell in love with orange.

    ReplyDelete